Instructions Prior to Sedation
Important Instructions and reminders before your sedation appointment:
- You should not drink alcohol or caffeinated beverages for 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- You should also not eat or drink anything for 6 hours before your appointment, nor should you take any medication not approved by the doctor prior to your appointment.
- You should not drink or eat grapefruit juice or eat any grapefruit product for 7 days prior to your appointment.
- Take your sedation medication as prescribed on the packets.
- Have your companion bring you to our office promptly at the time of your appointment.
- Absolutely no driving yourself!
- We suggest that you wear comfortable clothing and ask that you leave all jewelry at home (watches, rings, necklaces.)
- We ask that you leave all mobile devices at home or with your companion when you arrive at the office.
Our office will handle any questions you may have, and our staff will be happy to assist you.
Dr. Emmanuel Ngoh has over 20 years of experience in dentistry. An alumnus of the Medical College of Georgia’s Schools of Dentistry and Allied Health and Kennesaw State University, he practiced as a General Dentist for four years before specializing in endodontics. He founded Augusta Endodontic Center to fulfill the endodontic needs of patients in the area.
Dr. Ngoh is a member of the American Association of Endodontists, American Dental Association, Christian Medical and Dental Association, Georgia Dental Association, and Augusta Dental Society. He is a Faculty Member of the Georgia Regents University, College of Dental Medicine and has contributed to many research projects and journals. His efforts have been recognized with many awards and being voted as one of Augusta‘s Top Dentists by the Augusta Magazine.
Michelle Sarno, DDS received her Doctorate of Dental Surgery from the Columbia University of Dental Medicine and followed her endodontic residency at Fort Gordon, GA. She served as an Army General Dentist for over 10 years before entering private practice. She is a member of the American Association of Endodontists, American Dental Association, and Augusta Dental Society and is a Scientific Advisory Board Member for the Journal of Endodontics.
Wiley Purcell, DMD attended the University of Georgia, Dental College of Georgia from where he obtained his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree, and the Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center, where he completed his residency/ Advanced Education in General Dentistry. He served as a General Dentist at Christ Community Health Services before completing his Endodontic Residency at the Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University. He is a member of the American Association of Endodontists, American Dental Association, Georgia Dental Association, and Augusta Dental Society.