Prior to Sedation
Instructions Prior to Sedation
Important Instructions and reminders before your sedation appointment:
- You should not drink alcohol or caffeinated beverages for 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- You should also not eat or drink anything for 6 hours before your appointment, nor should you take any medication not approved by the doctor prior to your appointment.
- You should not drink or eat grapefruit juice or eat any grapefruit product for 7 days prior to your appointment.
- Take your sedation medication as prescribed on the packets.
- Have your companion bring you to our office promptly at the time of your appointment.
- Absolutely no driving yourself!
- We suggest that you wear comfortable clothing and ask that you leave all jewelry at home (watches, rings, necklaces.)
- We ask that you leave all mobile devices at home or with your companion when you arrive at the office.
Our office will handle any questions you may have, and our staff will be happy to assist you.